Why Choose Us?
- As our name indicates, safety is our top priority.
- We have been serving the greater Sugar Land area since 1980.
- At Safety America you will learn “street” self-defense skills.
- Our instructor-to-student ratio is generally no more than 1-to-7.
- All of our instruction is conducted by certified ZDK Black Belts.
- You will learn the best techniques from Karate and Tae kwon do.
- We have strongly supported our community with charitable activities and donations. Safety America has donated over $200,000 to Chuck Norris' Kick Start Program.
- Our programs are designed to take students all the way to their Black Belt level and beyond.
- Our pricing is very competitive and we offer family discounts that makes karate very affordable for the entire family.
- A leader you can respect - Robert Gifford is an 8th degree Black Belt with the Zen Do Kai Martial Arts Association and has 40 years experience in the Martial Arts.
Safety America Karate is a state-of-the-art martial arts training facility located in Fort Bend Texas and chartered under the Zen-Do Kai worldwide martial arts organization. Our focus has been to provide full martial arts training, with emphasis on self-defense in a safe, family-friendly environment.
Safety America was established in January, 1980 by Robert Gifford, an 8th Degree Black Belt in the Zen-Do Kai Association. Safety America teaches the Zen-Do Kai system, which was founded in 1974 by Sensei Micheal Campos. Sensei Campos has been involved in the martial arts since 1965 and has taught thousands of students over four decades. While he’s most noted for his “3-second self-defense” seminars, his organization has now expanded across the country and is also established in several foreign countries. To learn more about the ZDK martial arts system, please visit www.zdk.com.
Safety America has been rated the #1 Super School in the ZDK organization for the past 7 years.
Our students are taught to evaluate situations, avoid potential problems and use martial arts to defend themselves only as a last resort. When a student becomes physically able to defend themselves, their level of self-worth is greatly heightened. One can easily see this in our students as they become more proficient in their self-defense skills and eventually come to realize that the smartest decision is to avoid physical conflict at all cost, if possible.
Safety America also offers a full calendar of special events designed to improve your martial arts experience and foster friendships. Our past years events included: